Friday 6 April 2012

Mitcham Junction Tram Observations 6th April 2012




Today, whilst getting pictures of the Tramlink replacement bus service, I decided to use this time to do some Tram observations. The main highlight of my obs was speaking to a nice man and being allowed in the cab. I also got given infomation about how 5 more all over adverts will be placed on the tram and that how lower speed limits due to the new trams being heavier weight means that the swiveling bogies on the existing trams may bring them to a halt as the new trams have fixed bogies with a motor on each set of wheels. I also got told that the new trams may not operate Route 4, but will operate on all parts of the network. I also got told that if an extension to Crystal Palace were to get the go ahead, the new Variobahn's would have to work it due to steep gradients. I hope you enjoy reading this post.

6 comments:

  1. I was speaking to a member of Tramlink staff ( not the driver ) and he asked me whether I had been in cab and I said no, and he asked the driver if I could go in there and the driver said yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats lucky. And i also saw the magnum tram when i went to croydon yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Magnum tram as well yesterday plus 2554.

      Delete
  3. now thats very lucky. Where did you see it? I have never seen the 2554

    ReplyDelete
  4. East Croydon, it's one of the new ones. Also yesterday whilst en Route to anf rom my local Harvester, 2554 and 2555 weren't in the yard at Therapia Lane depot. 2556 was however.

    ReplyDelete