Sunday 22 January 2012

Tramlink Replacement Service, East Croydon - New Addington













Today, due to essential engineering works in the Shirley Hills area, a replacement bus service is operating. Trams are running between Wimbledon and Lloyd Park, but the replacement bus service is running from East Croydon to New Addington, calling at all stops except Lebanon Road and Sandilands, as they are served still by trams and buses. The service is being operated by Abellio London using Wright Eclipse Gemini 1 buses and ALX400's.
Many thanks to an Abellio London member of staff who let me sit in the cab, take pictures of the engine and also gave me some Abellio merchandise including 2 pens,a lanyard, log sheet and a driver's quick reference card telling me how to control the Wayfarer ticket machine. And yes, that is me sitting in the cab - LOL.

12 comments:

  1. I hope you don't take this in an offensive way.. but how do you find time to take all of the pics and maintain a blog.. Given that you have to juggle home life and also school work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am home schooled and also if I'm going shopping somewhere, I tend to do obs then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post mate i saw metrobus running some of the service if you take a look at my latest observations in crystal palace keep up the food work mate like your cab pictures

    Kind Regards
    George

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you? I saw only Abellio running the service, and thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah mate in Crystal Palace i saw a Metrobus MCV on Rail replacement so they were lots of Scanias on the 202 on sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. But thats a different Railway Replacement service.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i thout go ahead was the only company doing rail replacement

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stupid buses I prefer the old Dennis tridents on route 157 and go ahead londons LDP1-89 Dennis darts what a waste of money on new enviro 200s Dennis darts are getting less popular everywhere who prefers old buses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog
    You should come and see some of my photos too
    My website
    Www.londonbusroutes2.webs.com
    My blog
    Www.theultimatebusblog.blogspot.com

    Peace
    Qualitylinekid406

    ReplyDelete
  10. No way the I love the volvo bt7ls they are my favourite and great blog!

    ReplyDelete