Thursday 1 December 2011

DW40's Failure

Today whilst in West Croydon I stumbled across DW40 on the back of a tow truck. DW40's suspension has broken , and will not release off the ground in order for the bus to move. Buses were having to stop in the road rather than in the bus stop which was causing delays to the traffic. I also got told by the engineer that in order for the bus to move, the engine must be on in order to get the front wheels off the ground. The bus can not be towed by the back wheels due to the fact that the location where the bus broke down is the junction between the B213 Sumner Road and A236 Mitcham Road . Anyway I hope this bus is back in service soon. I also hope you enjoy the pictures that I took.

3 comments:

  1. I havent heard of a suspension breaking before but this is kinds funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed funny Jibran mate at first I thourght the battery or alternator has stoped working but then the engineer from soverign breakdown said the suspension had gone wrong.

    ReplyDelete